Oakland is a fast-growing tech consultancy. Combining over 35 years of operational excellence with the incredible possibilities offered by advanced data analytics, we help create long-lasting change for some of the world’s largest organisations.
Headquartered in Leeds, we’re a talented, passionate and expanding bunch who are now looking to add a tech lead to the team.
This is a hands-on technical role and you’ll be providing technical leadership on projects, from determining the technical direction to making choices on tech stack and tools. Supporting and leading the delivery team you will also play a critical role in developing client relationships working closely with the sales and business development team.
As we specialise in data and analytics, we are looking for a passionate tech lead who is excited by new tech and is able to mentor and lead the team delivering technical leadership across a range of different projects. It might not always be easy so you must be tenacious in your problem solving and working your way through our client’s challenges,
Dealing with ambiguity is a critical part of the job, as well as helping the client and internal team focus on specific problem statements and use cases.
- The technical leadership of delivery projects using a range of tech
- Leading the technical design of data projects
- Defining and designing architecture at a concept and detailed level
- Team mentoring and day to day management of multi-disciplinary technical teams
- Understanding clients needs not just their requirements, you will need the ability to interpret business problems and help articulate how they can get the most value from their data
- Creation of new innovative ideas to solve problems
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to motivate the team and keep morale high even when deadlines are tight and the workload demanding
- Great client engagement and communication skills
Experience – you will fulfil some or all of the following specification:
- You will have had experience in a similar role and will have had the responsibility of delivering a wide range of projects
- You must have strong technical skills and be able to code in 3+languages with expertise in at least one
- We work with most cloud platforms but you’ll definitely need experience in AWS and Azure
- SQL competent
- We work across the full technology stack with a range of technologies, software development, analytical modelling from BI/MI to machine learning/AI, ingestion and front end design using bespoke and existing tools such as PowerBI, Tableau etc and you will need to demonstrate your experience of working across a varied tech stack
- Knowledge of data lakes, data warehouses, databases etc
- Spark, Kafka and serverless software knowledge
Why you will want to work here:
- You will be joining a small ‘start-up’ team (backed by a 30+yr old brand), who are solving complex operational problems with data and tech
- You will be given the opportunity to work across different problems, projects and clients
- Using an opensource toolset, you’ll be working within a close team that is creative with their problem solving
- As we are still small and boutique you have the opportunity to influence and your thoughts and opinions genuinely count
- Our team is incredibly passionate about data, they work hard but we have plenty of socials so we can all play hard too!
- We have a great benefits package including private healthcare, contributory pension scheme, wellbeing programme and equally important – great coffee and free fruit
- Central location in the heart of Leeds
If you’d like to learn more about the role please get in touch.