It’s an exciting time to join the Oakland Group, we’re a technically excellent tech start-up with a long history in operational excellence. In the past 18 months, we’ve seen huge growth and we’ve exciting plans for the future.
We work with clients such as Vodafone, Network Rail, and Yorkshire Water but we’d like more!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our young and passionate team, we’re still small enough for everyone’s voice to be heard and for you to forge your path and play an essential role in the growth of our business.
We are looking for a senior engineer who is highly proficient in multiple languages, has experience in production-grade applications in the cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP) & works with structured & unstructured data.
You will play a critical role in building and maintaining applications for data & analytics projects and products we provide to our clients. As we specialise in data and analytics, we are looking for developers who are excited by the ability to work across different problems, projects and clients and who genuinely cares about the end to end data space (including engineering, science, quality, analytics and BI). These are client-facing roles, focused on helping clients solve operational problems, using data and analytics. An integral part of our data team, you will be happy to use modern tools to solve old legacy problems.
Dealing with ambiguity is a critical part of the job, as well as helping the client and internal team focus on specific problem statements and use cases.
You will be extremely comfortable working in a small team, with a tech start-up mentality.
What do we require:
- High proficiency with multiple languages
- Experience in production-grade applications in the cloud
- Working in cloud environments (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Working with structured & unstructured data
- Keep up to date with the latest technology
- Have a base understanding of all backend/frontend & data engineering tech
- Be able to tell a story with data visualisation tools
- Someone who likes to work on specific problem statements and use cases
- Mentoring technical team members
- Our values are important to us, we want to work with people who feel the same
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays