It’s an exciting time to join the Oakland Group, we’re a technically excellent tech start-up with a long history in operational excellence. In the past 18 months, we’ve seen huge growth and we’ve exciting plans for the future.
We work a wonderful range of clients from the likes of Vodafone and Network Rail, through to Series-A funded start-ups, bringing together leading edge thinking to uncover valuable insights from data, solving real-world, difficult problems and driving cultural change.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our talented and passionate team, we’re still small enough for everyone’s voice to be heard and for you to forge your path and play an essential role in the growth of our business.
The Senior Engineer role forms part of our highly talented Engineering function, working closely with Oakland clients to design and build enterprise production-grade applications in the cloud.
You’ll play a critical part in heling our clients solve operational problems, using data and analytics. Working across the full project lifecycle, you’ll take ownership the technical solution, including tool selection, solution design and client coms.
As a Senior Engineer your role will be broad. As well as owning the technical solution, you’ll be responsible for day-to-day support of applications, setting delivery timescales and ensuring the delivery of features happen in a timely manner, guiding team members if they’re stuck (and recognizing that they are), ensuring coding standards are adhered to.
Your work will involve working on both greenfield and brownfield projects and an ability to use modern tools to solve old legacy problems.
As we specialise in data and analytics, we are looking for developers who are excited by the ability to work across different problems, projects and clients and who genuinely cares about the end to end data space (including engineering, science, quality, analytics and BI).
You’ll be a programmer at heart with a passion for code as well as an understanding of application architectures.
The technology we use varies between clients so although we value specialists, we encourage our engineers to become technology polyglots and provide training and mentoring to support with this. This means an appetite to learn is a must!
You’ll have hands on delivery experience across multiple sectors and wider understanding of underpinning business processes. Our Senior Engineers work closely with Oakland clients so experience working with business stakeholders is hugely advantageous.
We always pick the right tool for the job so we look for Engineers with a mix (but not all) of the below:
- An understanding of Cloud solution Architecture (Azure/GCP/AWS)
- Experience building production-grade applications in the cloud
- Experience working with structured & unstructured data
- Pipeline build & deployment experience using modern tools: AWS CodePipeline, Azure DevOps, Jenkins
- An appreciation and understanding of ReactJS & NodeJS
- An awareness of Data Warehouse and Data Lake principles
- An appreciation of the end to end data space, including: engineering, science, quality, analytics and BI
- Mentoring technical team members
- Our values are important to us, we want to work with people who feel the same
- 25 days holidays (excluding bank holidays)
- Private Healthcare
- Pension (we put in 10%)
- Bonus £
- Employee assistance (inc. Gym & Wellbeing)
- Life Insurance