Oakland is a fast-growing tech consultancy. Combining over 35 years of operational excellence with the incredible possibilities offered by advanced data analytics, we help create long-lasting change for some of the world’s largest organisations.
Headquartered in Leeds, we’re a talented, passionate and expanding bunch who are now looking to add a senior client delivery lead to the team.
This is an exciting role in our growing business and we’re looking for someone to help lead projects from start to finish. Working collaboratively with our clients you will be a dab hand at creating and maintaining great client relationships and leading the technical direction of multiple projects.
As we specialise in data and analytics, you’ll need to be passionate about data and able to work across different problems, projects and clients. You’ll need to be dedicated to helping our clients find the best solutions and extract the full value in their data and you’ll be curious about the use of new and emerging technology for data analytics. It might not always be easy so you must be tenacious in your problem solving and working your way through our client’s challenges.
Dealing with ambiguity is a critical part of the job, as well as helping the client and internal team focus on specific problem statements and use cases.
- Leading delivery projects with a range of data orientated technologies
- Identifying and building business cases for use of data
- Exemplary client management skills and the ability to manage a mixed discipline team
- Demonstrating the delivery of genuine business value
- Capturing clients requirements, prioritising and leading the delivery of client projects to high levels of customer satisfaction
- Enterprise level data governance and strategy
- Forming client development plan and building on client relationships to maximise ROI and generate additional revenue
- Introducing new innovative ideas to solve problems
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to motivate the team and keep morale high even when deadlines are tight and the workload demanding
Experience – you will fulfil the following requirements:
- You will have had experience in a similar role and will have had the responsibility of delivering a wide range of projects
- A proven track record in building ‘the business case’
- Understanding the high level technical design of data projects
- We work with most cloud platforms, knowledge of both AWS and Azure is advantageous
- Ability to interpret business processes using data, showing how value can be obtained
- Great client engagement and communication skills
- Financial management including forecasting, tracking project spend and invoicing
Why you will want to work here:
- You will be joining a small ‘start-up’ team (backed by a 30+yr old brand), who are solving complex operational problems with data and tech
- You will be given the opportunity to work across different problems, projects and clients
- Using an opensource toolset, you’ll be working within a close team that is creative with their problem solving
- As we are still small and boutique you have the opportunity to influence and your thoughts and opinions genuinely count
- Our team is incredibly passionate about data, they work hard but we have plenty of socials so we can all play hard too!
- We have a great benefits package including private healthcare, contributory pension scheme, well-being programme and equally important – great coffee and free fruit
- Central location in the heart of Leeds
If you’d like to learn more about the role please get in touch.