Oakland is a full-stack analytics, process and governance company. We don’t believe in silver bullets but we do passionately believe that there is a considerable opportunity at the intersection of these three things.
For over 35 years we’ve been bringing our down to earth, professional approach to create long-lasting transformative change to some of the UK’s biggest organisations.
By combining our years of hard-won operational experience with the possibilities offered by advanced analytics, we bring leading-edge thinking to uncover valuable insights from data, solving real-world, difficult problems and driving cultural change.
We are looking for a sales manager to join the team to drive lead generation and upstream sales activity
The Sales Manager will report directly to the Sales Director and be responsible for managing our direct sales effort. This will incorporate the following activities:
- Driving targeted sales plans
- Lead generation and follow up (meetings, talks, chasing contacts etc)
- Researching sector/marketing opportunities
- Designing and executing sales campaigns
- Measuring sales performance
- Working closely with the Marketing Manager to develop a seamless lead generation and sales pipeline
The Sales Manager must be a tenacious, self-motivated and energetic individual who can plan and execute their own workload, in line with the ambitions of the business. You will be comfortable communicating with Board level prospects and have the stakeholder management and sales skills to generate leads.
You will have experience of selling ‘complex technical solutions’ and understand the consultative selling process.
You will have experience of managing dedicated sales campaigns and will have used techniques for targeted sales in order to maximise a return on investment.
Key to our success will be the Sales Manager’s ability to increase the size of our sales funnel and ensure we get the best possible conversion of opportunities.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Experience of management consulting industry and software sectors
- Sales planning and execution
- Market research
- Lead generation (and tenacity to follow up)
- Excellent telephone manner
- High confidence using social media platforms to aid the sales process, e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, etc
- Campaign Management
- 5yrs+ experience in a sales role, with experience throughout the lifecycle
Why you will want to work here:
- You will be joining a small ‘start-up’ team (backed by a 30+yr old brand), who are solving complex operational problems with data and tech.
- Excited by the ability to work across different problems, projects and clients
- Using an opensource toolset, working within a close team that is creative with their problem solving
- You will work with people who genuinely care about the end to end data space (engineering, science, quality, analytics, BI, etc)
- Dedicated personal development time to learn new technologies
- Due to growth, there are constant opportunities for progression
- Excellent contributory pension plan, company bonus scheme
- Central location in the heart of Leeds
If you’d like to learn more about the role please get in touch.