It’s an exciting time to join the Oakland Group. We’re a technically excellent tech SME with a long history in operational excellence. We work with a wonderful range of clients, from the likes of Vodafone and Network Rail through to series-A funded start-ups, bringing together leading edge thinking to uncover valuable insights from data, solving real-world, difficult problems and driving cultural change.
We have been rated by Best Companies as one of the top 100 best small companies to work for in the UK, and one of the top 75 in Yorkshire.
In the past 18 months we’ve seen huge growth and we’ve exciting plans for the future. Because of this success and growth, we have a requirement for a brand new role, to come in and help shape our HR plans. We’re still small enough for everyone’s voice to be heard and for you to forge your path and play an essential role in the growth of our business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and highly ambitious individual looking to advance their career in Human Resources, offering multiple progression pathways, including HR Manager.
The HR Support Executive will work with colleagues across the business to support the end-to-end HR and recruitment lifecycle. This is a varied role in which your duties will be managed between HR and recruitment.
You’ll play a key role in supporting Oakland HR, with a focus on onboarding, probation, colleague training & personal development, and more. This will include supporting the onboarding process, from drafting offer letter through to induction, setting up new colleague IT (inc. laptops, business applications, etc.).
You will also be responsible for coordinating probation and annual reviews through the use of our people & culture platform, CultureAmp. You will use this platform to promote and support Oakland training plans, working with line managers to ensure these are properly handled across the business.
In this role you’ll need to build strong internal and external relationships, working with Oakland colleagues and recruitment partners alike on a number of recruitment related activities, including crafting job descriptions, managing the end-to-end interview process, regular liaising with Oakland recruitment partners, and more.
As we specialise in data and analytics, we are looking for individuals who are genuinely excited about the work we do and want to work in a fast-paced consultancy environment.
You’ll have worked in an office environment, with a similar professional background in Human Resources and/or Recruitment. You will have knowledge of Human Resources processes and hold CIPD accreditation.
You’ll be highly organised and a great communicator with excellent time management skills, capable of managing time against competing requirements whilst also having the confidence to push back when required.
- A background in a similar HR or Recruitment role
- Able to work independently, be detail oriented, organised with the ability to effectively handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines whilst remaining calm
- Highly adaptable, as no day is the same
- CIPD accredited
- A great communicator with excellent time management skills
- Proactive individual with a passion for continuous improvement
- Confident user of MS Office suite
- Here we Oakland we often refer to ourselves 35 year old start-up. You’ll join a small ‘start-up’ team (backed by over 30+year old consultancy), who are solving complex operational problems with bleeding edge data and tech.
- We’re officially one of the Top 30 Consultancies and Top 100 small businesses to work for in the UK
- You will be given the opportunity to work across different problems, projects and clients, giving you exposure to multiple
industries and tech.
- We’ve recently become a Certified B corporation, meaning we meet the highest standards of verified social and
environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose.
- As we are still small and boutique you have the opportunity to influence and your thoughts and opinions genuinely count
- Our team is incredibly passionate about data, they work hard but we have plenty of socials so we can all play hard too!
- We have a great benefits package including private healthcare, contributory pension scheme, wellbeing programme and
equally important – great coffee!
- Central location in the heart of Leeds
- 25 days holidays (excluding bank holidays)
- Private Healthcare
- Pension (we put in 10%)
- Bonus £
- Employee assistance (Inc. Gym & Wellbeing)
- Life Insurance