The Oakland Group is a fast growing, modern consulting company who operate at the intersection of people, process and technology. As Data specialists, we work across the full data ecosystem including; Strategy & Governance, Architecture, Engineering and Advanced Analytics.
Founded in 1986 out of our Leeds HQ, we work a wonderful range of clients ranging from FTSE 100 Telco’s to Series-A funded start-ups, regularly punching above our weight due to our obsession with quality and client satisfaction.
Oakland has been named one of the Top Small Business’ and Top Consultancies to work for in the UK. We’re committed to ensuring our employees are given opportunities to grow both personally and professionally and are rewarded fairly for their incredible work.
Due to exponential growth over the past 18 months, we have a number of opportunities across each of our talented and passionate teams. We’re still small enough for everyone’s voice to be heard whilst working with some of the worlds most recognised brands.
We are looking for an experienced consultant to come and join our small but growing team. As an Oakland Principal Consultant, a key part of your role is to develop and nurture new and existing client relationships and position Oakland as their Data Specialist partner of choice.
This role would suite an individual who has experience of consultancy delivery as well as account management, who is looking for the next step and is keen to make a strong, positive impact within a small but growing consultancy.
You’ll be experienced and comfortable building senior client relationships, managing teams and managing commercial technicalities. The role is ideal for someone who thrives in fast paced, ever changing environments. This is also a great opportunity to help influence and grow our organisation and become part of that growth.
As well as a background in consultancy, you’ll also need a high-level understanding of the modern Data ecosystem, and how it can be leveraged to produce both data insights and predictive modelling. These include a knowledge of: Databases, Data Lakes, Data Warehouses, Cloud Data Services (Azure, AWS, GCP), and Analytics as well as approaches to Security, DevOps and supporting tools such as GitHub, Jira and Confluence.
The role combines leadership, strategy and business development with hands-on delivery:
- Define and Develop Account Strategies to develop medium and long term engagement
- Build trusted relationships and lead client engagement with stakeholders, often at board level / C-suite level
- Identify opportunities within existing clients and look for opportunities for develop strategic partnerships
- You will be capable of, and willing to, manage small project teams and work with delivery leads for larger teams
- Acting as the senior point of contact for the client you will take ownership of resource allocation within own clients
- Be accountable for the delivery (On Time, On Cost, On Quality, On Performance)
Business Development / Commercial Management:
- Be responsible for winning new business nurture new business relationships, develop compelling proposals and manage the associated Oakland processes.
- Take ownership of and grow strategic client accounts; be involved in new sales and extensions
- Write bid documents, client presentations and project reports
- Must have a consulting background
- Expertise in any of the following: Data Governance, Change Management, Systems Engineering, Enterprise Architecture
- From a Technology domain background e.g. Digital, Cloud & Data
- Track record of managing technical teams as well as client relationships
- Proven leadership qualities with a natural focus on team enhancement and growth
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal) at all levels
- Track record of developing through leadership and speaking at conferences
- A vibrant, growing company built on solid foundations 🚀 – Here we Oakland we often refer to ourselves 35 year old start-up. You’ll join a small ‘start-up’ team (backed by over 30+ year old consultancy), who are solving complex operational problems with bleeding edge data and tech;
- Best place to work 🏆 – We’re officially one of the Top 30 Consultancies and Top 100 small businesses to work for in the UK;
- Interesting and varied work 💭 – You will be given the opportunity to work across different problems, projects and clients, giving you exposure to multiple industries and tech;
- Corporate responsibility 🌍 – We are a Certified B corporation, meaning we meet the highest standards of verified social and environmental performance, public transparency, and legal accountability to balance profit and purpose;
- We hear you 👂🏻 – As we are still small and boutique you have the opportunity to influence and your thoughts and opinions genuinely count;
- Amazing team culture 👩👩👦👦 – Our team is incredibly passionate about data, they work hard but we have plenty of socials so we can all play hard too;
- We ❤️ Charity – We love to give back and support each employee’s charitable efforts through our company wide matched giving scheme;
- Fantastic benefits 💥 – We have a great benefits package including private healthcare, contributory pension scheme, wellbeing programme and equally important – great coffee;
- Leeds 🌆- Our Leeds HQ is situated in the centre of one of the UK’s leading business hubs.
- 25 days holidays (excluding bank holidays)
- Private Healthcare
- Pension (we put in 10% if you put in 5%)
- Bonus £££
- Cycle2work scheme
- Matched giving scheme (up to £1000 per employee)
- Employee assistance (Inc. Gym & Wellbeing)
- Flexible working
- Life Assurance
- Exceptional training and development opportunities