Oakland is a fast-growing tech consultancy. Combining over 35 years of operational excellence with the incredible possibilities offered by advanced data analytics, we help create long-lasting change for some of the world’s largest organisations.
Headquartered in Leeds, we’re super busy with new client wins and are now looking to add a number of mid and senior data developers to the team.
You will play a critical role in building and maintaining the data infrastructure that is needed to enable the analytics projects and products we provide to our clients. This includes software development, visualisation and environments. As we specialise in data and analytics, we are looking for developers who are excited by the ability to work across different problems, projects and clients and who genuinely cares about the end to end data space (including engineering, science, quality, analytics and BI). These are client-facing roles, focused on helping clients solve operational problems, using data and analytics. An integral part of our analytics team, you will be happy to use modern tools to solve old legacy problems.
Dealing with ambiguity is a critical part of the job, as well as helping the client and internal team focus on specific problem statements and use cases.
- Building infrastructure to combine multiple data feeds
- Cleaning, transforming and analysing large datasets
- Creating environments and structures to handle real-time data streaming and analytics
- Focusing on specific problem statements and use cases
- Be able to solve repetitive jobs using programming languages and have live ETL jobs running in production
Experience – you will fulfil some or all of the following specification:
- Working in cloud environments (AWS / Azure)
- Working with Spark or extensively with Pandas and/or Dask
- High proficiency with Python
- Working with data warehousing and engineering tools; SQL, MySQL, Postgres, etc
- Working with BI tools such as PowerBI, Tableau, Looker or custom-built dashboards in browser (e.g. React + d3)
- C# or Java (Enterprise coding experience)
Why you will want to work here:
- You will be joining a small ‘start-up’ team (backed by a 30+yr old brand), who are solving complex operational problems with data and tech
- You will be given the opportunity to work across different problems, projects and clients
- Using an opensource toolset, you’ll be working within a close team that is creative with their problem solving
- As we are still small and boutique you have the opportunity to influence and your thoughts and opinions genuinely count
- Our team is incredibly passionate about data, they work hard but we have plenty of socials so we can all play hard too!
- We have a great benefits package including private healthcare, contributory pension scheme, wellbeing programme and equally important – great coffee and free fruit
- Central location in the heart of Leeds
If you’d like to learn more about the roles please get in touch.