You will play a critical role in helping to develop the full stack of the analytical services we provide to our clients. This includes software development, visualisation and environments.
As we specialise in data and analytics, we are looking for a software engineer with a strong interest in data science. This is a client-facing role, focused on helping clients solve operational problems, using data and analytics. An integral part of our analytics team, you will be responsible for developing our analytical tools and solutions.
Dealing with ambiguity is a critical part of the job, as well as helping the client and internal team focus on specific problem statements and use cases.
As part of a small, but growing team you will be required to assist in a range of both technical and non-technical (ie project management) tasks. We are keen to hear from people who consider themselves to come from groups under-represented in the tech industry.
- Working across the full spectrum of software engineering and analytics landscape (ie data ingestion to presentation, including test and environment development)
- Utilising a range of software development languages, big data tools and recognised industry-standard approaches
- Working with multiple data feeds
- Assessing and presenting development and software options to our clients and internal teams
- Creating environments and structures to handle real-time data streaming and analytics
- Produce clear and concise documentation
- Ability to work with data tools such as serverless functions, Spark etc
- Provide support and mentoring to team members where required
- National / International travel may be required
- May perform other duties as assigned
Experience – you will fulfil some or all of the following specification:
- .Net enterprise / Java experience
- Experience of Python or other data science tools is beneficial
- Experience of working with cloud environments
- Has worked on and developed large data sets
- A genuine interest in learning new technologies and experimenting with new languages/tooling
- Experience in visualisation tooling is beneficial
- Real-world experience in a client-facing role (internal or external)
Why you will want to work here:
- You will be joining a small ‘start-up’ team (backed by a 30+yr old brand), who are solving complex operational problems with data and tech.
- Excited by the ability to work across different problems, projects and clients
- Using an opensource toolset, working within a close team that is creative with their problem solving
- You will work with people who genuinely care about the end to end data space (engineering, science, quality, analytics, BI, etc)
- Dedicated personal development time to learn new technologies
- Due to growth, there are constant opportunities for progression
- Excellent contributory pension plan, company bonus scheme
- Central location in the heart of Leeds
If you’d like to learn more about the role please get in touch.