It’s an exciting time to join the Oakland Group, we’re a technically excellent tech start-up with a long history in operational excellence. In the past 18 months, we’ve seen huge growth and we’ve exciting plans for the future.
We work with clients such as Vodafone, Network Rail, and Yorkshire Water but we’d like more!
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our young and passionate team, we’re still small enough for everyone’s voice to be heard and for you to forge your path and play an essential role in the growth of our business.
We are looking for a data engineer with experience in big data projects who has an appreciation of frontend technologies & is interested in working across multiple projects.
You will play a critical role in building and maintaining applications for data & analytics projects and products we provide to our clients. As we specialise in data and analytics, we are looking for developers who are excited by the ability to work across different problems, projects and clients and who genuinely cares about the end to end data space (including engineering, science, quality, analytics and BI). These are client-facing roles, focused on helping clients solve operational problems, using data and analytics. An integral part of our data team, you will be happy to use modern tools to solve old legacy problems.
Dealing with ambiguity is a critical part of the job, as well as helping the client and internal team focus on specific problem statements and use cases.
You will be extremely comfortable working in a small team, with a tech start-up mentality.
What do we require:
- Demonstratable 2-3 years’ worth of experience in big data projects
- Experience in working with Spark or extensively with Pandas
- Has experience in production-grade applications in the cloud (AWS / Azure / GCP)
- Has experience in working with serverless technologies
- Has worked in a full-stack environment & has an appreciation of front end technologies
- Experience with CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience in client-facing roles
- Someone who likes to work on specific problem statements and use cases
- Our values are important to us, we want to work with people who feel the same
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays